So you’re looking to buy a massage chair but you’re not sure where to start. That’s okay! I created this guide to help people who are in a predicament just like yours. This guide will walk you through exactly what you need to pick the right massage chair for you and/or your family. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
- How much do you want to spend?
- What is the reputation of the chair and the brand?
- Does the chair come with a warranty? If so, how long is it?
- How easy is it to repair the chair?
- Will you fit in the chair?
- Will the massage chair fit?
- Does the design match your home or business?
- Who is selling the chair and are they reputable?
How much do you want to spend?
The age old question, “what’s your budget?” will help you narrow down your selection when it comes to choosing the right massage chair. The basic guidelines are that the more you spend, the more features you get. However, don’t feel like you have to spend thousands and thousands because you need every feature. If you’re on a tight budget, there’s a massage chair out there for you.
Here are the basic price ranges when it comes to massage chairs:
- Less than $500: These massage chairs are usually beginner level and have the basic functions when it comes to massage. The rollers on these will certainly help your back but they don’t exactly do the best job.
- $500 to $1,000: Chairs in this range tend to offer the first line of “luxury” when it comes to massage chairs. You will sometimes find chairs in this range that offer recline features, heating, and pre-programmed massages.
- $1,000 to $3,000: When you spend over $1,000 on a massage chair you really start to see a big difference in features and quality. Chairs in this price range tend to come with features such as zero gravity massage and even leg massagers.
- $3,000 to $5,000: Now we are starting to get into the true luxury massage chairs. These chairs are heavenly to sit in. Everything from the material to the massage programming is built to make it as much like a human massage as possible. The features you get in this price range are a multitude of preprogramed massages, much better rolling/massage systems (such as 3D rolling), and more massagers (such as foot, arm, and head massagers).
- Over $5,000: This price would be considered the ultra luxury in massage chairs. If you are looking for a chair that quite literally “does it all”, this is the price range that will do it. Chairs above $5,000 offer every feature imaginable when it comes to massage: heating, advanced rolling technology, body scan technology, infrared technology to pinpoint exactly where your ailments are, bluetooth speakers, and much more.
What is the reputation of the chair and the brand?
There are a lot of different massage chair options out there. It can be confusing trying to determine which one to go with based on their reputation. Lucky for you, I created this website to help. All of the massage chairs on this website have been reviewed based on everything from their look and feel to their reputation.
Does the chair come with a warranty? If so, how long is it?
It is very important to choose a massage chair that has a warranty. Much like a car, a massage chair is a big investment. You want to make sure that your chair is covered. All of the massage chairs mentioned on this website have some sort of warranty. Upon reading the reviews you will see the warranty section outline the specifics. If you order the massage chair on a place like Amazon, they will outline the exact warranty on the product page. Definitely check it out there.
How easy is it to repair the chair?
As with anything in life, things sometimes break. Most of the massage chairs reviewed on this website are built very well and will not break on you but there is always the possibility that it falls over when you move it or a kid/pet jumps on it and something breaks. In that case you want to make sure that you can easily repair it. Many of the brands mentioned on this site have toll free numbers for technicians that will either walk you through the repair process over the phone, point you in the direction of the proper repair video, or even send out a technician to repair it for you. I’ve heard of some cases where the brand even sent a new massage chair while the old one got sent back.
Will you fit in the chair?
If you’re under six feet tall, you don’t really have to worry because you’ll fit in most massage chairs. However, if you’re tall and/or have broad shoulders, you will want to make sure you go with a bigger chair. Osaki, Cozzia, and Inada all make great “big” massage chairs for taller people.
Will the massage chair fit?
Massage chairs come in different shapes and sizes. You will want to make sure that the chair you purchase will fit in the area you’re planning to use it in. For any massage chair, I would recommend at least an eight square foot area so you have enough room to get in to and out of the massage chair as well as enough room to recline. You will also want to put the chair in an area of your home or business that has no chance of getting wet. The only reason I say this is because some people buy massage chairs and stick them in their basement. While this is a good move if you have a finished basement, it isn’t a good move if you don’t have a finished basement. Why? If the basement floods or a pipe burts, the chair could get wet and ruined.
Does the design match your home or business?
While some people might not care too much about the design of the chair, others certainly will. Massage chairs come in a wide variety of different designs and colors. At the very least, you may want to try to pick up a massage chair in a color that matches the area in your home or business where it will be staying. If you don’t care much about the design, don’t worry because most massage chairs come in black and black goes with everything!
Who is selling the chair and are they reputable?
The last thing you want to thing about is the website that is selling the massage chair. Is the site legitimate? How long have they been around? Is their site secure? Are they actually going to ship your massage chair? What if the chair never shows up? Because there are so many different variables when buying a massage chair online, I usually always recommend checking out Amazon. They are reputable and you know that they are secure. Whenever I’ve had an issue buying something on Amazon they have always either refunded my money immediately or fixed it within a day or two.
Now that you know what to look for when buying a massage chair, go ahead and start poking around the site or head over to Amazon and start looking around. If you have a question about purchasing a massage chair that I didn’t cover, feel free to leave a comment or even contact me directly. I am more than happy to help!